We have had a visitor recently - a little mouse who has decided to stay. We think it's been living in/behind/around the stove/oven unit, and this has caused us to be nervous everytime we walk towards the unit.
We contemplated using rat poison but decided against it, as Angus might help himself to a dead poisoned mouse out in the garden.
So we've gone the old fashioned way - a mousetrap with peanut butter as bait.
Fingers crossed that we'll get it asap!
We were just talking about what we ought to do if the mouse trap traps the mouse, but doesn't kill it. The decent thing to do would be to kill it quickly, though the Husband did contemplate on various alternatives, which I think are cruel as they all result in a slow death.
What a disturbing bedtime topic of conversation.