Saturday, November 7, 2009

FOOD-OUT: Izakaya Chuji


165 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
179 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne

I enjoy eating here, izakaya-style (which I am told, involves ordering several small dishes to share, similar to ordering tapas). Don't tend to come here often, as it can be a bit more pricey, because of the variety of dishes.

So on Thursday, a friend and I decided to eat in the South Melbourne outlet and ordered several small dishes:
Yukke
(it's pronounced as yoo-keh, not yuck!)

The Yukke was great; just as the last time I had it. Raw minced beef with a raw egg and raw cucumber strips, it was AUD9.90 (even without having to cook it!). Sounds gross, but it's nice!

Fried octopus tentacles with Japanese mayo

It was a bit oilier than I remembered - but the taste was still yummy!

Salmon sashimi

Salmon sashimi is salmon sashimi is salmon sashimi; what else is there to say? It was fresh though, not ... errr..... fishy?

Okayodon
(Chicken with egg and onion on rice)

This, I thought, was nothing special. We only ordered this because I felt we needed something substantial (like rice) to share for dinner. We really should have ordered the potato croquettes instead.

I'd definitely still go again, but will just stick to the small dishes and the Japanese-style steak (which is what I normally order).

....am craving for the croquettes already, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment